Hey, you might be here because you don’t now how to put on a duvet cover or just want to learn a cool new trick. I love duvet covers. It’s my favorite tip if you want to update your bedding. It’s so much better than buying multiple comforter sets. My favorite bedding combination is a white down comforter, a quilt, a throw blanket, a sheet set and a duvet cover.
The best thing about duvet covers is it gives me options without taking up a lot of space. While I don’t like to have lots of bedding hanging out in the linen closet, I do like options. Duvet covers give me that option to change out bedding without taking up much room in the linen closet. They lay flat and don’t take up a lot of space like comforter sets in a bag.
I’ve bought several dozen comforters in bag sets as I learned how to adult. Not knocking them because you can find some high-quality sets at department stores, online and home decor stores. But if you break down the cost of individual items you can save time and money. Invest in a medium level quality down comforter or down alternative and then explore the world of duvet sets.
What is a duvet cover?
Simply put a duvet cover can be compared to that of a pillowcase and a pillow. You insert a comforter inside a duvet cover, and typically it closes using ties, snaps or buttons. It protects the comforter from dirt and stains. I personally only wash the duvet cover weekly, and the comforter stays fresh because of the duvet cover.
How to Put on a Duvet Cover?
Here is the magical part of what I have to share with you today. If you are new to the world of duvets, then you must learn how to properly put on a duvet cover. It’s the burrito method, and I saw it online few years ago, and I saved it but never tried until this past weekend.
- Turn duvet cover inside out. Lay the duvet flat on the bed with the open end at the bottom of bed.
- Next lay duvet insert on top of the duvet cover.
- This is the magical part. Now roll duvet towards the opening of the duvet. Like how you roll a burrito.
- Once you reach the end, then insert ends of the insert inside the duvet. Exposing the right side of the duvet.
- Now snap or tie close the duvet cover.
- Final part unroll the burrito in the opposite direction back toward the headboard.
Shop the Post
Also published on Medium.