Have you ever been so tired you couldn’t sleep or so drained that you couldn’t think straight? Well, I’ve been in this place many times and felt helpless. How could I continue to survive if I felt ugly inside and out? I tried putting makeup on and pretending everything was OK, but it wasn’t. I didn’t have any more fuel in my tank, and the cost of to fill me back up seemed out of my reach.
Then my life crashed, and I was depressed and speeding head-on into a complete meltdown. It was then I realized I had to take better care of myself and it meant that I had to make no excuses as to why I couldn’t. Money and time wouldn’t stop me from doing the things I needed to feel like myself. Here are 5 of my step self-care fuels that help fill my tank back up.
5 Cheap Self-Care Ideas
- Seek out a comfortable space. This could be your bedroom or a nice bubble bath or take a drive on the scenic road.
- Create an ambiance. For me, I turn on my Himalayan Salt lamp and turn on my soft 90’s R&B playlist. You could pull out one of your favorite novels or listen to an audio book.
- Put on something that makes you feel good. I enjoy night shirt with graphics. You know the ones that read “Respect My Slay,” “Beat for the Gods” you know what I mean. You could have your favorite pair of yoga pants on with a tank.
- Get out and enjoy nature. Go for a walk and enjoy the world around you.
- Feed yourself high-quality food. A nice hearty green leaf salad with homemade dressing.